Veronica Mendes

Veronica Mendes
Welcome to my Blog

Monday, June 18, 2018

The Rite of Ascension

I have been recently told, at least a few times, that I am a source of inspiration to some of my FB friends.  (And I was even complimented in person by some whom I, myself, have considered celebrities in my FB circles.) I still consider myself a star-struck fan of many others whom I look up to myself.  That said, it was incredibly flattering and I could not even describe the feeling of getting such a compliment from such beauties.  Being complimented, told I'm beautiful (in person and without any enhancement filters of the web) and even getting adult beverages bought for me tells me I have now ascended to a new level and it feels surreal.

I realize that my sense of style and presentation has evolved over the years.  What started as a secret, and deeply hidden, nylon and shoe fetish has manifested itself as what you see in the person of Veronica Mendes.  How did it happen?  Like many of my fellow t-sisters, I have had my share of idols to which I have looked up to for inspiration, education, knowledge, courage and inner strength.

To name just a few (and I hope they do not take any offense to my naming them as my mentors):
  • Tiffany Michelle Lloyd with her website Tiffany's Tower.  (How I miss the Tower)  
  • The late and great Vicky Renee and her Prettiest of the Pretty (We miss you Vicky.)
  • Dahlia Taylor
  • Nina Allison
  • Kelly Perry









And...My current besties who have all contributed in certain and unique ways to my evolution.
  • Natasha Romanoff  
  • Gina Jett
  • Jennifer Kelly
  • Bella Amri
  • Stephanie Anne Jefferies
  • Sierra Romeo
  • And a special shout out to one who has inspired me (an many others) inside as much as on the outside and whom inspired me to write this blog entry...Miss Amanda Edwards










What makes each person who influences us unique?  What is it that drives us to look up to them...to learn from them...to imitate them?  Is it their fashion style, their incredible smile, their outlook on life as a t-girl, or a signature pose?  Many of us girls would like to claim we have a signature pose (or maybe more than one.)  It is a pose that, whenever you see it somewhere, you immediately think of that person.  Miss Stephanie Anne Jefferies has a huge movement in full swing with her famed "Heel Tip Grip" pose and she has graciously named me a royal ambassador of the realm.  How honoring that is.  I have a couple of signature, go-to poses such as my "up on the counter" and my "heel on the wall" poses, but I'll write about that later.

When I took this photo (below on the left,) it didn't take me but a second to see how I had to give the honor of this pose to the beautiful, classy, and sensational Amanda Edwards, in what I perceive to be one of her signature poses, because it makes me think of her photos whenever I see it.  I have always loved cross-leg photos and have especially loved the slanted cross-leg pics, which Miss Amanda has perfected.  When I saw my photo I revisited her page for more inspiration, both from her photos and more so from her words.  She is an amazing writer and writes about her experiences from the heart. Anyone reading this would be missing out if they didn't give her a visit.  Thank you Amanda for your inspiration and I truly hope to cross paths with you sometime.




Thank you to all who have helped shape who I am and will continue to shape my future.  Luv you all.


3 comments:

  1. I am beyond words - in grace, in honor, in humility. Thank you for the honor. And do know that the reverse is quite true. YOU are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you have wrote is so very wonderful. I feel you are so much happier being the way you want. It has been a pleasure reading your blog. You are a very beautiful lady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your site Wonderful. Its great to see another SD girl out there.

    ReplyDelete