Veronica Mendes

Veronica Mendes
Welcome to my Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Red Pill vs Blue Pill Dilemma

The Red Pill vs Blue Pill Dilemma


I have been recently asked by a friend, "If you could choose to always dress as a woman and just live your life that way and not suffer any consequences or to remain a crossdresser which would you choose?"  Well, if this isn't a prime example of the Red/Blue pill choice faced by many a crossdresser, then I don't know what is.


My response to her was that it's not a simple answer and that I'd have to develop my response and post it to my blog because the answer to that question has been somewhat fluid over the years, and the reason for the varying levels of fluidity stems from my generational status as a member of Generation-X.  I grew up in the pre-Internet era when information did just that, it informed us of something that has happened or has been discovered and that was it.  We were still left to map out our own unique paths based on the thrill of discovery.  Today, information from the Internet and social media drives and shapes the lives, perceptions and attitudes of our younger generation from a very young age by way of influence that can only be likened to peer pressure on steroids.  Seemingly gone are the days where our lives are cultivated by our parents and family in the home.  The Internet is raising our young.

Because of this, I and many others in my generation, had very little in terms of concrete guidance or samples of comparison when it came to our gender identity.  As a child, I knew I had a compulsion to put on pantyhose belonging to my mother or other adults living in my home and I didn't know why or what compelled me to do so. All I knew was that it made me feel good.  I often wondered if I was gay, but I never had the compulsion to interact with another male that way.  I admired the girls and women around me and of course their sense of fashion.  The difference is that instead of driving me to desire them, it drove me to desire the outfits for myself.  So being gay was out of the equation.  So then what was it that I had?  What was I?  Was I mentally ill?  Books could only offer so much and were limited to cases of transsexualism, as it was called in the 80's.  So I began to wonder if that was me.  Was I born in the wrong body?  Did I yearn to be a woman instead of a male?  I remember fantasizing about waking up as a woman or what I'd do if I got locked in a department store overnight.  Oh the fun I'd have in the pantyhose and shoe department.  

  
As you can see, I spent years wondering if I would rather be a woman.  However, as the "age of information" bloomed and exploded around us, information was now at my fingertips where I could read and learn about others like me as well as those with different outlooks regarding their gender identity.  I understand that many are not into labels, but they definitely helped me to gain a better understanding of my place.  I learned that this is not a condition or an illness.  I learned that it is far from the binary classifications of the pre-Internet era.  I came to understand the subtle differences between my desires and those of other "gals" who also grew up with varying degrees of understanding of their gender identity.   
Honestly books can be written about individual journeys and each one would be different while still depicting many similarities in life experiences.  Mine is no different.  I won't lie to you when I say that I sometimes still wonder about what my life would be as a full-time woman since I gain such joy and satisfaction from the times when I get to let Veronica out in her full glory.  However, over time, I have also come to realize that I draw the level of euphoria because of the transformation I see in the mirror and in my pictures.  As a full-time woman, that would no longer be the case.  I love the feeling of putting on a sexy dress, pantyhose, a swimsuit, heels and showing off in front of the camera then posting pics for my followers to see and enjoy along with my own enjoyment.  I don't find the 2-hour experience of putting on makeup very appealing to cover up my masculine features.  I joke that I wish I had the superpower of shapeshifting so I could just snap my fingers and instantly be sexy Veronica without all the tedious preparations.  It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I've discovered that it's the transformation that I love.  I have come to understand what my journey is.  So, to put this dilemma to rest, how about I choose the purple pill?  That would be the pill that instantly changes me into my vision of Veronica for 6 or 8 hours at a time.  Of course, I'd love to have an unlimited supply of the pills.  


Thank you for reading my next blog entry.  Luv you all.  Kisses.

xoxox
-Vero



 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a good question. I would have to say stay as I am and keep crossdressing. There are too many 'guy' things that I enjoy doing as a guy. I have had several TGs tell me that I should transition to a girl because that's "what I really am" and several years later they stopped crossdressing and just stayed in male mode all the time. I like being able to do both! I just wish my wife accepted my dressing, she does not and I am in the closet at home. Smiles, Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sistah. Although, I did write my story of coming out to my wife and it was a shocker. Hope you'll read it here at my blog also

      Delete
  2. Dear Veronica... what can I say to you? Well, yesterday, when you published your text, I couldn't read it, since I was doing an interview for the promotion of my recently released book, "Tirรฉsias, the duality of the human soul". I just read your text now. And, without a doubt, you and I have one thing in common... we like to be female for a limited time, but we like to be ourselves, without being trapped in this gender or that. I've been following you for a short time, I think a few months, and in the meantime I realized that you, like me, are also a gender fluid person, who transitions from one gender to another. What can I say? I loved your text, it is very well written and, without a doubt, it would help many of our sisters who are lost, without a direction. Even with all the information available on the internet these days (after all, it's thanks to the internet that I discovered you and was able to appreciate your texts) many of our peers need a word of support, a friendly word. I would really appreciate it if you would continue to provide us with other texts like this one and another that you have already given us on other occasions. Congratulations, your text is simply excellent. With love,
    Tania Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn’t see your blog until just now Veronica and it very closely describes my journey with cross dressing and gender fluidity.
    I started cross dressing when I was around 8 or 9 years old when my old neighbor dressed me up in her moms purple pantyhose,bra and panties one day and I was hooked instantly,unfortunately I’m still very much in the closet although I have been out in public dressed as a woman a handful of times but the last time I spent any real time dressed as a woman was back in the winter of 2016-2017 but sadly I’ve gained a lot of weight and I’m embarrassed to even look at myself in womens clothing.
    I absolutely love seeing your posts and being able to follow you on FB and I’m very grateful for that but unfortunately unless I can lose a lot of weight, I don’t really think I’ll be presenting as Georgia Lynn anytime soon but I live vicariously through you and a few others that I follow but you’re the most beautiful woman I see on the site,thank you for being you and the opportunity to follow you ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in high school when I actually started dressing although I was always different from other boys. Like you, and many others, I enjoyed the transition between genders and back again. Being a part-time girl was not all that rewarding for me but, for many reasons, work and family among them, I (mostly) kept in the closet. I was retired before I was able to take the steps necessary to become Rosaliy. I am finally both balanced and happy with who I am. I still delight in the transition I have made and with no desire to return to the person I never really was.

    I have also been fortunate in being accepted as Rosaliy, especially by one of my son's, the only one to know about me. He had a hard time at first but came around'

    I recall seeing your fb post about the pills to I don't recall answering it. If I were to be totally truthful though, I would select the one that would allow me to always be this version of me. This is how I am happiest.

    ReplyDelete